SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton
Escaping at super speeds has never been so much fun. Your escape starts in Superman's Fortress of Solitude, where newly-designed sleeker cars carry you backwards, then accelerate to 100 mph in seven seconds before shooting straight up a 41-story tower.
Unlike traditional coasters, SUPERMAN: Escape from Krypton blasts you at 100 mph backwards on a dual track that spans 900 feet and looms 415 feet in the air, forming a gigantic “L” shaped superstructure. Hang face first with a birds-eye-view of the entire Santa Clarita Valley before plummeting back down to earth.
- State-of-the-art electromagnetic motors
- Acceleration from zero to 100 mph in just seven seconds
- 6.5 seconds of weightlessness
- Trains free-fall straight down from the L-shaped track
- Spans more than 900 feet across the theme park
- 415 feet high
- Dual-track coaster
SUPERMAN: ESCAPE FROM KRYPTON BY THE NUMBERS
|Height Restrictions||min. 48"|
|Ride Category||Thrill (More like this)|
|Top Speed||100 mph|
|Launch||March 19, 2011|