July 24, 2012
King Cobra Fun Facts
America’s First Cobra-Themed Racing Tube Slide By-the-Numbers
HEIGHT: 5 STORIES/50 FEET
• Lights! Camera! Action! King Cobra is as tall as the iconic HOLLYWOOD sign
• Record breaker: King Cobra’s height also equals the length of the world’s largest snake, a titanoboa!
SPEED: 32 MPH
• Guests slither down King Cobra at speeds as fast as Six Flags Great Adventure’s Skull Mountain indoor roller coaster
• Is something fishy? King Cobra’s speed is equal to that of the world’s fastest shark, the shortfin mako
LENGTH: 260.1 FEET
• Call out the snake charmer: the King Cobra water slide is equal to the length of 26 actual king cobras laid end-to-end
WATER PRESSURE: 3,875 GALLONS PER MINUTE
• The water pressure on King Cobra could flush a whopping 2,422 toilets!
FINAL DROP: 51-DEGREE ANGLE
• Hold on tight! King Cobra’s final plunge is steeper than the drop on Six Flags Great Adventure’s GREEN LANTERN and Rolling Thunder roller coasters
• Ancient history: King Cobra’s plunge mirrors the slope of the Great Pyramid of Giza