Fright Fest presented by SNICKERSÂ®
This year Six Flags Great Adventure invites you to join us for Fright Fest's 21st year, with family-friendly Thrills by Day and even more Fright by Night!
Six Flags Great Adventure’s Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS® promises family-friendly “thrills by day,” while an amped-up “fright by night” will deliver more Zombie Zones, Terror Trails (additional fee required), Halloween-themed shows and more screams than ever before. Now six weeks long, Fright Fest begins Sept. 22 and runs weekends through Oct. 28.
Plan your visit in advance by downloading our Fright Fest Entertainment Guide.
Terrifying Fright by Night Entertainment
After 6 pm, the park transitions to “fright by night” and is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily. Scream-seekers can expect new shows including The Awakening, Dead Man’s Party—The Guest List, Circus of Thrills, Doc Swan’s Sideshow of Oddities and after a multi-year hiatus, the return of popular shows like Bad Bob the Bone Butcher and Professor Zombini’s Freak Show starring Coney Island sideshow icon Todd Robbins. Zombie Zones including The Bloody Fountain, Circus Psycho, Bone Butcher Terror-Tory and the all-new Shipwreck Cove feature midway-roaming zombies hunting for their next meal.
Four outdoor Terror Trails provide the most intense Fright Fest scares. Voodoo Island, Fright Fest’s new Terror Trail, takes guests on a tour of a reality show set cursed by cannibals. Two former Terror Trails feature new themes – the steampunk-inspired Insanity: Gears of the Mind and the toxic Wasteland. The Manor and its zombie-infested halls return for a second season. (*Terror Trails require an additional fee).
Chilling Thrills by Day Entertainment
Thirty Halloween-themed shows and attractions await guests during Fright Fest’s twenty-first season. By day, families can enjoy favorites like the Trick-or-Treat Trail, Monster Mash Bash musical, Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters animal show, Haunted Wagon Tales ride, Spooky, Kooky Magic Show and more. Guests can also enjoy the park’s famous line-up of thrill rides, including Adventure Alley featuring four new rides for 2012—SkyScreamer extreme swing ride, Fender Benders bumper cars, Air Jumbo flying elephants and Deja Vu scrambler.
Thrills by Day—Geared to Families (included with park admission unless noted)
• Trick-or-Treat Trail—Trick-or-treating and meet-and-greets with the Looney Tunes characters. GoGos Crazy Bones is the Official Toy Partner of Six Flags Trick-or-Treat Trails.
• Professor Slithers’ Creepy Critters—Professor Slithers and his ghoulish gang conjure up snakes, spiders, rats and more!
• NEW! The Spooky, Kooky Magic Show—Go on a magical, mystifying journey of comedy and amazement!
• Monster Mash Bash—A Tale of Love at First Fright - musical comedy show
• Six Flags Spooktacular Street Party—Get your ghoulish groove on during this frightful interactive dance party!
• Sea Lion Celebration—Enjoy the antics of our adorable California sea lions in this educational and fun presentation!
• Dawn of the Dead & Local—Live music showcase featuring local artists
• Ghoulmaster's Ghosts - Join the sinsiter Ghoulmaster and his spooky spirits for a dance and multimedia spectacular. Presented by TWIX®
• Safari Discoveries—Interactive animal area featuring new baby otters, exotic birds and more
• Seafari Theater - Don't miss our adorable baby Asian small-clawed otters, just learning to swim
• Haunted Wagon Spells—Take a family-friendly ride deep into the woods to build a magical spell! (additional fee)
Fright Fest Policies:
Fright-Free Zones: All children's areas Plaza del Carnaval Lakefront between Fort Indepdendence and Safari Kids
1. A zombie's job is to scare you - not the reverse. Guests who taunt, touch or yell at zombies or other guests will be ejected from the park without a refund.
2. Do not touch or remove props, scenery, webbing or landscaping. Damage to park property is cause for ejection without a refund.
3. Masks or face coverings, costumes and full-face makeup are not perfmitted on anyone over the age of 12. Guests will be required to remove such items for safety reasons.
4. In response to Guests' requests for a scarier "Fright by Night," ghoul repellent whistles are no longer available. "Fright by Night" begins at 6 p.m. and is not recommended for children under 12 and those who scare easily.
Re-Entry Policy: No re-entry is permitted after 8 p.m.