April 30, 2013
Six Flags Great America Opens for the 2013 Season
Six Flags Great America welcomes guests to opening weekend, presented by Lowe’s. The 38th season of the park marks our biggest innovations yet including new ride experiences on favorite roller coasters and a nighttime event that will completely transform Hometown Square. To kick off the 2013 season on May 4, 2013 guests may purchase tickets for $20.13 at www.sixflags.com/greatamerica.
Six Flags Great America is excited to launch a full season of festivals, events, top-tier entertainment and premier guest benefits that ensure a value-packed experience for the entire family. Some of the major headlines this season include:
• Season Passes ‒ $66.99 each when buying 4 or more and includes FREE parking. Deadline is May 12 and season passes are valid through Fright Fest.
• Season Dining Passes - $69.99 each and includes lunch and dinner at the park on every visit during the summer.
• BATMAN: The Ride – The first of its kind in the world to run backwards for a limited time this summer.
• 100 Millionth Guest – Great America will welcome its 100 millionth guest since 1976 this May.
• igNIGHT – Grand Finale – This high tech nighttime spectacular features pyrotechnics, fireworks, HD video mapping and projection all set to today’s hit music, debuts June 15.
• July 4th Fest – A patriotic Independence Day festival with live entertainment, specialty grilled foods and a full firework display.
• JB’s BBQ and Sports Bar – Visit the all-new sports bar located in Southwest Territory. This restaurant is fully equipped with food, drinks and 22 flat screen TVs playing a variety of sports games from around the world.
“Six Flags Great America is proud to provide close to home, affordable family fun. From extreme coasters like X Flight to a grand finale event with the latest in show technology, our guests will be amazed from the beginning to the end of their day,” said Park President Hank Salemi.
The park is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays starting May 4, with daily operations starting May 15. Visit sixflags.com for a complete list of operating hours and more information about Six Flags Great America tickets, shows, rides, attractions and events.
About Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor
Two great parks, one low price! Located between Chicago and Milwaukee, Six Flags Great America offers endless adventures for the entire family with 14 heart-pounding roller coasters, a FREE 20-acre water park, spectacular shows, three children’s themed areas with over 30 rides and an all-new fully immersive nighttime event in Hometown Square.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For more than 50 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park®.