Physics, Math & Science Days
An Academic Adventure! Experience how thrilling physics, math and science can be at Six Flags Great Adventure's hands-on, outdoor classroom. Tickets are more than 50% off the main gate regular admission price, include free Wild Safari admission and the below special presentations. A special buffet lunch is also available in the Catering Picnic Grove. Download an order form HERE!
Physics Students Will:
- Use tools to collect physical data for analysis and predict and calculate forces acting on a rider at different points during a ride
- Calculate the work and power necessary to move riders through a ride
- Calculate centripetal acceleration and normal forces acting on riders in circular motion
- Use the conservation of energy to approximate velocities and altitudes of riders at different points in the ride
- Use rotational motion equations to determine linear speed of riders in circular motion
- A special Math and Science workbook is also available for middle school students
Meet Our Engineer - 11 a.m. to Noon at Showcase Theater
(Presentation offered on April 26 only)
Learn the science behind the design of modern roller coasters! Six Flags Chief Corporate Engineer, Larry Chickola, P.E. hosts a special presentation on all aspects of roller coaster design including topics from basic physics to restraints and vehicles. An exciting discussion regarding engineering careers will follow the presentation. Space is limited - Reserve your seats today by emailing NJSpecialEvents@sixflags.com.
Physics Teacher Workshop - April 27, 2013 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Join Physics Workbook author, Tom Paterson in a workshop that will go through the workbook in detail. Participants will receive solution keys and supplemental material for planning your trip with your students. An in-class review will be followed by an opportunity to practice data collection techniques in the park. This is one workshop your family and friends will want to join you with special discounts on admission.